20 June 2005

More students...

I had an interesting Voice class the other day. (Voice is free speech - a teacher and how ever many students turn up, and there`s no lesson plan, you just chat or play games.) Just me and one student who is very talkative. And on this day, boy did she talk!!! She is always very open, but with just the two of us, I got just about her life story!! She told me all about how her husband used to beat her, but doesn`t since she threatened to divorce him. And about the time he had an affair, and although she was very sad, it was also intriguing for her, cuz she spent two months researching it, and didn`t confront him until she knew all about it and everything about his mistress! At one point, she was even shedding a few tears, and I was on the verge of tears myself! Who misses Neighbors when you have students like that!?!

I have another student who I love. A 12 year old girl, who is very low level English speaker, so at the moment, she pays extra for one-on-one lessons. Not sure if its just coincidence or scheduled that way, but so far i`ve been her only teacher. I just love her! She`s so cute! And it`s so much fun seeing her become more confident and speak better each time I see her!

4 Comments:

At 20/6/05 5:15 pm, Blogger Tab said...

Hey, I guess thats a place that you can start. The Kingdom of God begins with genuine love and compassion. Thats what moved Jesus. Love ya :)

 
At 22/6/05 11:48 am, Blogger John M said...

Yeah that's cool that she opened up to you like that, your topps Heavi!
I bet she would have really appreciated you listnening and have seen that genuine care you have for people.

 
At 22/6/05 3:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, its Anna.
Im at your house,
(well your old house) writing this. I miss you heaps. Thanks for your letter. I have come over to get your address, again.. So I will write soon. Sounds like thing's are really exciting for you.Love you and miss you heap's.

 
At 27/6/05 9:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just unreal that sometimes your job involved meaningful interaction with people!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home