11 June 2005

Visiting America

Yesterday I had my first trip to the States!!! Well, practically. Valerie signed me onto the US Naval base, and I got to look around. It really is like a mini-America. They have a furniture store, electrical goods store, mini mart, grocery store, cinema, everything! I bought Valerie's text book for her cuz she gets paid in American dollars, and it was just easier for me to pay in yen, and so I got to go grocery shopping on Base with US$20!! Unreal! Bought things like Reece's peanut buttercups, Hershey's chocolate syrup and a pint of chocolate chip cookie dough icecream! YUM! Probably not a good use of $20, but very enjoyable! I'm starting to put on a tiny bit of weight, so I'm gonna have to stop eating so much chocolate and donuts, but you have to indulge every once in a while. *Smiles*

7 Comments:

At 11/6/05 10:19 pm, Blogger kelgell said...

Ahh ha ha! So cool. YOu traveller you. And it's a great way to spend US$20. You'll just have to figure out what some Japanese healthy food stuff is so you can buy that. HOpe you get to have more trips to America.

 
At 11/6/05 10:55 pm, Blogger Tab said...

Oh do you know that I really like those Reeses Peanut Butter cups? And taht you can't get them here (Well I've looked and cant find them) Just thought you should know.

 
At 12/6/05 1:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats really cool Heather. it sounds like you are having soooo much fun. Mini-America sounds liie heaps of fun. (which i could be in the real America.)
yum peanut butter cups, sounds like something out of a movie, hehe.

 
At 12/6/05 7:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there,

Well yer I am the friend lost in translation.

Hey there heather I'll send you an email bout what I'm doing in Japan so hope it isn't blocked.

Steve Googan

 
At 13/6/05 6:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Banana, do they have candy corn there? Yum. Yum.

Tab, I have seen Reese's cups in Aust a couple of times - I think once in Kmart. I'll keep an eye out for you.

 
At 13/6/05 9:25 pm, Blogger Alrischa said...

Isn't that just like Japan to have a Minimerica? Do they have a little bit of Australia, too?

;-]

I feel so sorry for the kid!! I remember my old Spanish teacher trying to have conversations with me that just made no sense, and I felt like such a nong! My Spanish IQ must be about the same as my age...

When do we get a post in Japanese???????????

 
At 13/6/05 11:20 pm, Blogger John M said...

oh no John is drooling on the keyboard, Hersheys and Reeces Pieces mmmm yum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home