03 June 2005

Sunny days

Well, it`s really starting to warm up over here, even tho they say that it doesn`t get bad until July and August! Went to my first Japanese lesson today - it was just sort of an introduction thing. I met my teacher, Fumi (F is pronounced very gently - almost Humi), who seems really nice, paid my fees and chose a text book. Next Friday will actually be a lesson. Yay!! Can`t wait to be able to communicate! I feel very rude not knowing the language. I also took Valerie along, and she signed up too. That`ll be cool, to have someone to learn and practice with.

I don`t start work til 5pm, so I had a good 4 1/2 hours to kill. Couldn`t be bothered going all the way home, and after buying a bus pass for the month and paying for my lessons, I had virtually no money left, so couldn`t go shopping. I went for a wander over to the park by the river and just sat there for hours! Unreal! Dozed a tiny bit, and studied my Hirigana and Katakana. I want to know them before my lesson next week. It was so nice and relaxing, and perfect temp. My work day starts shortly, but is only 5 lessons, then I get to go home again! What a pleasant day! Yesterday was pretty cool too - 8 lessons, but no one showed up for 4 of the periods - 2 voice classes and 2 lessons with only one booked in! Easy day!

3 Comments:

At 3/6/05 5:28 pm, Blogger kelgell said...

Yay! Sounds like you're really getting into the fun of the adventure. It's great that Valarie is gonna learn japanese with you. It's sooo cool. Way to build a friendship!! Oh enjoy the sun. Winter is settling in here. The days are cold now. Even when it's sun shining. Ü

 
At 4/6/05 1:11 pm, Blogger David said...

Hey!
Seems like you're starting to settle in a bit. That's cool that you are starting Japanesse lessons. I found my old Hirigana and Katakana flash cards, I'll have to send them to you! Take care,

 
At 4/6/05 1:59 pm, Blogger Alrischa said...

Sounds like the work over there is pretty relaxing! Here I was imagining you up the front of a lecture theatre, with 50 or so business men taking notes...


;-}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home