22 April 2005

It's for real!!!

I am actually starting to believe I am really going!! I got an email this morning to confirm my departure date as May 10th, and my destination as Nagasaki!! Aparently there is a large Dutch community there too, so it should be an interesting place to live!! I'll be living in a 3 bedroom apartment with Martina, an Irish lass who has been there since June 2002 (lots of useful info from her!) and Francie, a Canadian who moved in April 2005, so will be a newy like me. How cool! I also asked for the email addresses of the people I'll be flying over with. There is a small group going from Melbourne to Osaka, but also 2 girls about my age from South Australia who I'll meet up with in Kuala Lumpur and will be travelling with right to Nagasaki! Yay! Lots of nice new people to make friends with!! My rent is gonna be 49,000 yen per month (about AU$150 per week, utilities included - not bad). Can't wait to start finding out all about Nagasaki! :)

3 Comments:

At 22/4/05 10:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cool you finally know all your dates and stuff!!! I'm so excited for you!! Will be sure to keep in regular touch... and will most definately do a stop over to visit you if I head back to the UK!!
Will miss you heaps! Love you!!

 
At 22/4/05 11:20 pm, Blogger John M said...

cool! Nagasaki
well hope you get along well with the others, and have a fun trip :)
only 17 days left will miss ya

 
At 23/4/05 3:44 pm, Blogger kelgell said...

I'm glad you now know your "town" and housemates' names. It's nice that it's more...less of an unknown now. And it's so cool that there's some girls going all the way to Nagasaki too! Thanks for your address. I will put it to good use. I will most definitly miss you, Viana. God, please look after her, teach her lots of new things, and help her have plenty of fun and adventures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home