03 February 2006

A new hobby

Martina & I started our new hobby today - yoga! One of the guys at work put me on to it... it is really close to our apartment and just $12 for a 1 1/2 hr class, with refreshments served free of charge afterwards. (Very small class sizes too... our class had just 4 students.)

We nervously tootled off at the appointed time, not really knowing what to expect. It was heaps of fun though! We weren't anywhere near as flexible as the others in the class, and made the teacher laugh, but we got better even in just an hour and a half! We were supposed to touch our toes and lay our hands flat on the ground... yeah right!! I couldn't even touch my toes with the tips of my fingers!!! But by the end of class I could almost get my hands flat! Just by doing different exercises and stretches! And I didn't at any time feel any strain or anything! Wow!!

We didn't wanna make a big deal about starting this new hobby until we had tried it for a while to see if we liked it. But half way through class, a TV camera crew walked in!!! One reporter joined the rest of the lesson, while the guys filmed away! How funny! So much for keeping it quiet... we might get to be on Sasebo TV next Thursday! LOL! Two baka gaijin (foolish foreigners) twisting and falling around looking dumb! Giggle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home