05 February 2006

A new church

Today I went to International Christian Assemby. It was great!!! Very small... there were 12 adults, 2 teenagers and 5 kids. But before I even walked in, I started to get excited... instead of a hymn being played on an organ, I could hear a keyboard, an electric guitar and a djimbe!!! (The pastor couldn't play the djimbe as well as you DB, but it still sounded cool!) There are of course some great hymns, but it was nice to sing some familiar modern choruses and actually understand all the words and stuff.

The second thing to impress me... they prayed!!! Not just for the offering and "God bless this service", but for some relatives of one member, and for God to be working in Sasebo, and in us, etc, etc! And we had communion too! They don't have communion at Lighthouse.

The sermon was really good too. Don't know how long it went for, which is a great sign - I wasn't looking at my watch! He spoke primarily about Matt 3:17 - God the father expressing His love and ownership of His son, Jesus. Talked about our relationship to God as a father, and how we should try to imitate that with our children. (Honestly, I have nothing against families, but I'm getting a little sick of being the only person at church without one!! Well, obviously I have one, but not with me each week.)

Going back tonight for the Sunday night Bible study... and I think it actually will be a Bible study discussion, not just another sermon! Yay!! Can't wait!!!! They also have some sort of fellowship night on Wednesday night, but I can't go 'cuz of work, which is a bummer, but at least I can go on Sundays!!

Heather Rori and Heather Donna were also there (they'll give me a ride tonight, since its a 50min walk), as well as another Heather!!! LOL!! They're everywhere!! 13 adults this week at church, and 4 named Heather!!

5 Comments:

At 5/2/06 2:24 pm, Blogger David said...

Hey that's cool, and the Church sounds good too. =) Don't see people playing djimbes very often... I think I like this Church. That's so funny that there are so many people named Heather. Kinda the same here at college - except named David obviously. Was eating dinner one night and 4 of the 7 people at my table were named David!

 
At 5/2/06 3:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great news Vi! Can't believe how many Heathers there are - what are the chances?!? I hope it really goes well tonight. And it's hilarious that you might get to be on tv doing yoga!!

 
At 6/2/06 3:35 pm, Blogger kelgell said...

Yay! That makes me shout and cheer! Thanks Jesus. Sounds much more suitable to you and your needs than the other church. Hope you have much fun and discovery there.

 
At 8/2/06 8:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heather thats soooo cool!! Praise God for providing you with this Church! it sounds like a blessing straight from heaven!!
hehe it must be very strange with so many heathers around!

 
At 8/2/06 7:12 pm, Blogger John M said...

cool yeah they sound like a bit more proactive church, thats good, hope it can be a great community for you to serve with.
And your new hobby sounds impressive, i could do with being a bit more flexible, i can really only reach my knees

 

Post a Comment

<< Home