13 February 2006

Kaki Matsuri

It is just about the end of my weekend, but it has been a busy and fun-filled one!

At church yesterday I met two other English teachers, Danielle, who has her own business-type thing, and Kelly, who works in a school. They invited me to go to the Kaki Matsuri (Oyster Festival) with them and their friends. It was good fun - a group of about 10 people, with an awesome mix ... Japanese and foreigners, and a variety of professions. And I ate SO many oysters!!

I went to church again in the evening, and had an exciting Japanese experience on the way. While walking in the morning, I had somehow lost a glove from my bag... in the evening, I found it sitting on top of a bush along the way! If you ever drop stuff, someone will probably pick it up and put it on top of a bush or fence so it is off the wet ground and easy for you to find. How sweet is that! I was so happy, for my glove that was lost was now found!!

After church I went out with Nova people, to welcome Stephanie and Nick, a new couple from America. Went to Bishnu, a delicious Indian restaurant.

I had a jamies day today... didn't get dressed until 5:30pm! But I did some yoga and house work while I was still in my PJs. Had to get dressed in the end to go out for dinner with Heather Rori and Heather Donna to a beautiful Thai restaurant. Had heaps of fun and lots of laughs!

I love living in Japan... amazing service, friendly and helpful people, strangers who pick your glove up for you, being able to just stop on the road to run into Family Mart (if you put your hazard lights on, there doesn't seem to be such thing as a No Standing Zone!)... it's a cool place.

4 Comments:

At 14/2/06 9:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is just so gorgeous how people pick up your gloves etc!
oh that the whole world were like that. a lil bit of kindness really goes a long way! is a challenge to us all!!

so whats going on with your plans Heather? you are getting close to the end of the year of teaching, what will you be doing once May comes around? I assume you wont be home before then!! and that you'll do some travelling?

 
At 14/2/06 10:08 am, Blogger Vi said...

Isn't it sweet?!

No, I won't be home before May. I'll prob renew my contract and stay a while longer. And then do some travelling. So I won't be back in a hurry! Of course, I really don't know what I'm doing, but I'll decide as I go!

 
At 15/2/06 9:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww we miss you Heather BUT am so glad you're having a marvellous time!! guess you're not going to be here for the 29th April (same as Kelly *pouts*) so will definitely send photos and perhaps even a copy of the DVD of the ceremony once its done if you want :D

 
At 17/2/06 9:11 pm, Blogger kelgell said...

Hey, I'm going to a wedding on the 29th April too--not Bec's though. Ü

Sounds like life is really swinging in beautifully especially since finding that new church. You'll have to come visit me when you go travelling [whatever country I'll be in nannying].

 

Post a Comment

<< Home