10 April 2006

I'm singing in the rain!

It's been raining for almost 20 hours! Well, actually, it might have stopped for a while during the night - I was sleeping, so I don't know.

I was craving a fruit smoothie and some oreo cookies, so I decided to brave the weather and walk to the supermarket. On the way, I saw a few lovely puddles, and thought what fun it would be to jump in them. But, I have a cold, and I'm a responsible almost-25 year old, so I didn't - I just enjoyed the rain splashing on my umbrella.

However, it was like God was saying - go on, have fun!! For when I came out of the supermarket, it was bucketing down!! I very shortly was drenched almost to my knees! So, since I was already wet, I made the most of it! I stomped and jumped in all the puddles I could find! I was drenched well above my knees by now! And then some helpful cars drove past, and the huge spray wet me even more! It was SO much fun!!

I looked up as I jumped in one puddle next to the traffic lights, and saw a woman in a car laughing - I'm probably not giving foreigners a very respectable reputation! Oh, well, it was fun!

5 Comments:

At 10/4/06 9:33 pm, Blogger kelgell said...

YAY for rain!! How nice! And what fun to play and be silly. Play all life long. I'm looking forward to some wet days here.

 
At 11/4/06 8:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe not a respectable reputation, but I'd say you're showing something better than that - the ability to make the most of any situation and to take enjoyment out of something that would have most people grumbling. Only wish I could have been there to join in!

 
At 11/4/06 9:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather!! This is Danielle from Sasebo. Kelly and I are perusing your blog right now..... very entertaining. Haha! Adult videos? A hobby??? ok, see you on easter, ne!

 
At 13/4/06 11:34 pm, Blogger John M said...

good to see that you haven't lost the spirit! Having fun is often the better option.

 
At 14/4/06 1:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's our "big" delightful mature daughter! Don't ever stop being you- spontaneous about enjoying life.
Dad & Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home