18 July 2006

My bad!

At about 9:57 this morning, I was standing in my PJs trying to decide what I should do before work, when my phone started ringing... "Hmm, maybe work want me to come in early or something... no one ever rings me at this time of day!" I thought.

I anwered, to hear Natsuko asking, "Uh, Heather, are you coming in?"

DOH!! It all came back in a flash! I had agreed to swap with Brendan and work early today!! And being a dumb bumb, had not written it in my diary! DOH! DOH! DOH!

In 23 or so minutes, I managed to shower, dress, eat breakfast and make it down to the bus stop (that's gotta just about be a record for me!), so I made it there in time for the second lesson.

There was only one student in the 10am lesson, so she did a lesson over the company intranet with an instructor somewhere else in Japan who had a free, so that worked out okay. But my pay will be docked a reasonable amount of course, and it will go on my Nova record that I missed a lesson without notification. :( I totally deserve it, but I wish I'd managed to keep my good record until after I'd got a reference letter from them!! ;)

On the plus side, it was nice to have a short day today!! :)

4 Comments:

At 19/7/06 1:32 pm, Blogger Bethanois said...

Haha!! Silly Heather!! At least you can laugh about it and find an up side from it! Don't go doing it again in a hurry though, ok?!

 
At 21/7/06 11:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DOH!!! Soribori Vi.

 
At 22/7/06 5:29 pm, Blogger Alrischa said...

He he he
I usually do the opposite, like when I turned up for a night shift on my night off. One nurse forgot to look at her clock, and just got ready when she woke; she turned up to work at 4am! At least you got a short day for it! :-)

 
At 24/7/06 2:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dear Heather!!
oh dear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home