17 April 2007

Sharing

One of the things I love about the teaching profession is all the sharing! You know how in some companies or industries, people like to hold stuff close to their chest, because information is power. Well, not in the teaching industry! (Or, not much, anyway.) Everybody I meet is just so eager to help me out, give me resources and information, give me their email address so I can email any questions I may have relating to their particular specialty! Even many resources do not have the same copyright restrictions - many things are handed to us, with advice not to write on it so we can copy and distribute or use!

Aren't teachers a nice, generous bunch!?!

Spending my hols this week in professional development classes, which are proving to be excellent! I've learnt some really great, practical stuff, and been given links to a couple of good resources which I will actually use! How exciting!

1 Comments:

At 29/4/07 8:59 pm, Blogger John M said...

yeah it is interesting how in some industries there are people who want to help others grow and then there are other people who just want to keep their secrets, they wouldn't want anyone to ever be better than them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home