05 February 2007

The stickability of detergent

Well, I’ve moved on again! I quit my job last week, just shy of 3 months in. I didn’t trust the management, and didn’t like the way they treated my co-worker, who was fired recently. So I quit. My supervisor also walked out a few days after I handed in my resignation, so I reckon they’ll be having fun in the office today!!

It was a difficult decision, and created a lot of mixed feelings. I was SO happy to be out, and am excited about once again being free to do anything! But at the same time, I felt a little depressed as I left on Friday arvo. I was determined to become a normal, stable person for a while… get a normal, full-time job, and stay in one place for more than a year or two. Because I was working for a mortgage broker, I was even house-hunting! But then it didn’t work out, so I’m a little disillusioned with the whole ‘being normal’ thing.

To celebrate my new freedom and counteract the blah-feeling, I had the most fantastical weekend! Friday night I tried my hand at lawn bowls with 17 other young enthusiastic, slightly uncoordinated people. Didn’t totally embarrass myself, and found it to be surprisingly fun! Saturday was filled with a jog around the empty lake (ran 3.5 of the 6kms – my best effort to date!), mini-golfing (did totally embarrass myself there, but still had fun!) and cards night at Gellerts (where I managed to hold my spot as Warlord for several rounds!). On Sunday, I went to church and looked after 8 adorable kids in crèche, then headed out to Lake St George in the arvo – it actually still has water in it! My swimmers were far away at my parents, so I was going to sit lady-likely on the shore, but it was so hot, and some friends brought kyaks!, so I just had to swim and kyak in my dress. (Managed to make a fool of myself there too – I just kept paddling around in circles, but gee it was fun!) To top it all off, The Biggest Loser returned to channel 10 on Sunday night!

How’s that for a fantasmagorical weekend?!

As for what next… well, you’ll have to stay tuned…

3 Comments:

At 5/2/07 9:50 pm, Blogger David said...

'being normal' is a little overrated. Too easy to be so concerned with 'being normal' that we forget to live and experience all that God has for us, i reckon. Glad you had a good weekend.

 
At 6/2/07 6:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pfft... normal shmormal. We love YOU just the way you are, you know!

Good luck with whatever's around the corner :)

 
At 7/2/07 10:40 am, Blogger kelgell said...

Ditto and ditto. And what a fun packed weekend! Glad I got to share some of it with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home