15 September 2005

The joy of discovery!! ... smooshed :(

One of the things I love about living in Japan is the joy of discovering new yummy food, esp new chocolate stuff. On Sunday, I discovered these new yummy-as chocolate biscuits on display at the end of an aisle - a small packet for just 79yen! They are donut shaped little cookies, covered in chocolate. I rapidly ate several packets. I was devastated, however, when I returned yesterday to buy more - they were gone!!! I wandered around the supermarket for ages, but alas, they were nowhere to be found!! My joy was smooshed completely! But, to console myself, I bought coffee for the first time since coming here. (Which, incidently, was 4 months ago!) I just finished eating pancakes, coffee and OJ for brekky - yummy!! It made me all happy again!

Oh, yeah, I have also been educating all my students on the proper way to eat Tim Tams (slurping coffee thru them) in case they should visit Australia one day. So if you ever see a Japanese person (esp in Sydney) slurping coffee and Tim Tams, go say hi and ask if they know Heather!!

4 Comments:

At 15/9/05 1:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol you're gorgeous!! I can just imagine all these japanese eating timtams ROFL!!

Dunno how slow post is, but keep your eye out over the next couple of weeks *winks*

 
At 16/9/05 11:52 am, Blogger David said...

Wow, you are almost half way through your time in Japan!

 
At 17/9/05 3:24 pm, Blogger kelgell said...

OH NO!!!!! Does that mean you can't send me any?????? :( Have you got your timtams yet??

 
At 17/9/05 7:19 pm, Blogger Vi said...

Don't worry - I had already got a packet for you, and it is sitting here waiting to be sent - it will be posted on Monday! And, yes to the Tim Tam question!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home