07 September 2005

Just call me Dandy!!

Every now and then a student will ask me the meaning of my name. I tell them that I'm named after a small flower found in Scotland. If they ask me what colour or size flower, I always have to admit that I don't know.

So tonight I finally looked it up on the net... I am a small, normally purple but occasionally white wildflower found on a small shrub that grows to a height of about 1m. I saw a picture, and I don't think I'm the prettiest flower around. I asked Martina, and she said it is very common, covering hillsides in Scotland and Ireland. I wanted to know if the name was given to many girls, and she laughed, and said - "That would be like calling someone Dandelion!" LOL!! So... just call me Dandy, and think of me every time you're about to step on a dandelion!! ;)

6 Comments:

At 10/9/05 3:01 pm, Blogger kelgell said...

That's just Dandy!! [Sad, I know. Oh well.] I think the heather flower sounds nicer than a dandelion...have to check it out.

 
At 10/9/05 3:10 pm, Blogger kelgell said...

OH oH OH...you are NOT just some ordinary dandelion, girl. I just found your story!!!

http://www.electricscotland.com/gardening/heather.htm

Check it out: you are strong, fragrant [and "fragrance" other lives] and sweet!!

 
At 10/9/05 3:11 pm, Blogger kelgell said...

**MWA**

 
At 10/9/05 3:14 pm, Blogger kelgell said...

and there are so many uses for heather!! You're amazing!
Ü

 
At 10/9/05 7:07 pm, Blogger Vi said...

LOL!! I checked out that website, Kel, and the heather story is unreal!! Thanks for sharing it!! XXOO

 
At 13/9/05 1:42 pm, Blogger Mortified said...

Hey, Ben here, finally got an email from your dad with your blogspot address, so I had a bit of a look, haven't had time to read up all of them yet, but it sounds like you're having a good time. I have a blogspot too, but I don't use it much, so far just to rant a bit about some other stuff I have seen printed about, I might post some of my favourite essays and stuff, or just rant some more. Check out the interstellar laundrette, if you have nothing better to do. B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home